n. 碗, 木球, 大酒杯
vt. 滚木球, 快而稳地行驶
vi. 滚木球, 快而稳地行驶
【化】 筒体; 转鼓
bowl sb over动词过去式:bowled 过去分词:bowled 现在分词:bowling 第三人称单数:bowls
- a round vessel that is open at the top; used for holding fruit or liquids or for serving food
- a concave shape with an open top
- a dish that is round and open at the top for serving foods
- the quantity contained in a bowl
- a large structure for open-air sports or entertainments
同义词：stadium, arena, sports stadium
- a large ball with finger holes used in the sport of bowling
- a wooden ball (with flattened sides so that it rolls on a curved course) used in the game of lawn bowling
- a small round container that is open at the top for holding tobacco
- roll (a ball)
- engage in the sport of bowling
- He scraped the mixture out of the bowl with a plastic spatula.
- I have a bowl of cereal every morning.
- Fold this glass bowl in newspaper/Fold newspaper round this glass bowl.
- Botham came on to bowl after lunch.
- His grandfather gave her an earthenware bowl.
- There is a fruit bowl on the table.
A hemispherical vessel, wider than it is deep, used for holding food or fluids.碗：一种半球形容器，宽度较深度大，用于盛食品或液体The contents of such a vessel.一碗东西：碗中所盛之物A drinking goblet.一种酒杯A bowl-shaped part, as of a spoon or pipe.如汤匙或烟斗的碗形部分
A bowl-shaped topographic depression.盆地：碗状地形凹陷A bowl-shaped stadium or outdoor theater.碗状体育场或室外剧院Football
Any of various post-season games played between specially selected teams.【橄榄球】
来源：Middle English bowle
from Old English bolla
* see bhel- 2源自 古英语 bolla
*参见 bhel- 2
n.（名词）A large wooden ball weighted or slightly flattened so as to roll with a bias.保龄球：一种较重的轻度削平的大木球，以使球斜进滚动Sports
A roll or throw of the ball, as in bowling.【体育运动】
滚保龄球：在保龄球运动中滚动或投掷保龄球bowls (used with a sing. verb)Sports Games
See lawn bowling
bowls （与单数动词连用）【体育运动】 【游戏】
参见 lawn bowling
A revolving cylinder or drum in a machine.滚筒；滚子：机器中旋转的圆柱或圆鼓v.（动词）bowled
To participate in a game of bowling.参加保龄球赛To throw or roll a ball in bowling.投球：在保龄球运动中投掷或滚球To hurl a cricket ball from one end of the pitch toward the batsman at the other, keeping the arm straight throughout the delivery.掷球：从球场的一端将板球猛掷给在另一端的击球手，在整个过程中保持手臂平直To move quickly and smoothly, especially by rolling:稳而快地行驶：迅速而平稳地运动，尤指以滚动的方式：例句：The children bowled along on their bicycles.孩子们将自行车骑得又快又稳
v.tr.（及物动词）To throw or roll (a ball).投掷或滚动（球）Sports 【体育运动】
To achieve (a specified score) by bowling.滚球得分：通过滚球得（一个特定分数）To perform (a specified amount, as a string or game) in bowling.表演保龄球：保龄球运动中表演（一个特定量，如一串或一局）To move quickly and smoothly by or as if by rolling:快而平稳地移动：以或好象以滚动的方式快速而平稳地移动：例句：bowled a tire from the garage.从车库里滚出一个轮胎
To meet or strike with or as if with the force of a rapidly rolling object.打倒，撞击：用一高速旋转物体的力量去碰到或撞击
<常用词组>bowl out 【体育运动】
To retire (a batsman in cricket) with a bowled ball that knocks the bails off the wicket.使出局，打败：因投球击落柱上横木而迫使（板球以中的击球员）退场bowl over
To take by surprise.震惊：使大吃一惊To make a powerful impression on; overwhelm.打倒：给…造成一个强烈的印象；压倒常用词组>来源：Middle English boule
from Old French 源自 古法语 from Latin bulla
[round object] 源自 拉丁语 bulla
文章来源: 射的笔顺 http://www.cqjicun.com文章标题: bowl